Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the cooksboutique.com website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website
- Our rights
- Third party links
- Privacy and Security
- Payment and VAT
- Shipping and Delivery
- Returns & Replacements
- Order Status
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for
(i) The privacy practices of such websites,
(ii) The content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or
(iii) The use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) handle our credit card transactions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. Cooksboutique.com maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website..
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions onthe Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from johnlewis.com.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
The contract will be concluded in English.
Payment for products and delivery services is to be made in pounds Sterling. All prices shown on the website for both products and delivery services are inclusive of any applicable UK VAT. This means that the total price you pay us for products is always the same, regardless of whether or not UK VAT is chargeable on the sale.
Where you've requested delivery to a EU address, the price paid for the product and the delivery service will usually include UK VAT,
Where you're not a UK resident and you've ordered products for delivery a non-EU address, both the products and the delivery service will normally be zero-rated, with no UK VAT chargeable on either. However, the price paid by you for the products and delivery services will remain the same as shown on the website.
Standard UK delivery is FREE on all orders over £45.00
Please note that we reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address is not secure, for example to a communal postal address or PO box. If this affects an order you place, we'll notify you as soon as possible.
Charges and Options:
- Standard UK delivery within 5-7 working days is FREE on all orders over £45.
- We charge £3.95 for standard UK delivery on orders under £45.00
- We deliver most items Monday to Friday, 7.30am - 6pm (although some of our carriers may deliver slightly earlier or later).
- We cannot guarantee delivery within our usual timescales to a small number of remote rural areas.
- On rare occasions, some items may be delivered outside the published timed windows.
Deliveries to multiple addresses:
If you'd like to have items sent to separate UK addresses, please complete a separate order for each address. A separate delivery charge will be made for each address if applicable.
There's a small number of postcodes, usually in remote rural areas, where we cannot guarantee delivery within our usual timescales.
If there's no-one home when we deliver: deliveries will usually be made Monday to Friday, 7.30am - 6pm. If there's no-one in when we delivery, each time an attempt is made, our courier or Royal Mail postman will leave a card at the delivery address confirming they have tried to deliver. Please follow the instructions on the card to rearrange delivery or collect your order.
For more delivery information and delivery to an international address please have a look at our Delivery page.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel your order if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products, and that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and not used them.
You may then return the goods to us in its original packaging. Upon receipt of the goods we shall refund or exchange the goods.
The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you. We will not be held responsible for items lost in transit. We recommend you use a postal service that insures/tracks the items.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to Products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Made to measure or personalised goods
All items are inspected for damage before they leave our premise, however in the unlikely event that they are damaged in transit, then please let us know immediately. Please Email us at email@example.com with your order number and basic description of damage, and we will ensure that we can get a replacement out to you as quickly as possible
For More Information please have a look at our Returns & Refunds Page
To check your order status, just sign in then click on My Account.
- Order processing means your order could be at any point between the warehouse receiving it and despatching your goods
- Complete means your order has left our warehouse. You may receive a separate email from us that will detail how to track your order when it has left the warehouse.
- Cancelled means your order has been cancelled either by you or us
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.